Friday 25 March 2011

Even more....


It is possible that the right hand lady on the left picture is 2nd Lt. Omega Gasper N735040 (Nurse General Duties).
The Nurse on the Left is possibly N783627 Imogene Mosby (Nurse General Duties)
It has been suggested that the middle ladies name is Rosemary ? but there is no Rosemary on any of the rosters I have.
I am unable to contact the ladies who gave me this information as they left their information anonymously, but if they read this, please contact me on:
richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

5 comments:

  1. Hi Richard, I think the female nurse standing on the right, among the three is Omega Gasper. She was from Texas and educated at the Methodist Hospital in Houston prior to her enlisting in the Army. I only knew her briefly during the last few years of her life, but her memories of the time in Abergavenny were still wonderful and clear. She described how lovely the people had been during her time there. She was later moved on to Berlin (with the 279th) where she was promoted from 2nd to 1st Lt. Omega Gasper. I would cherish any additional information on the nurses and/or remaining vets who might have information about their experiences living in the environment of war and might post. Omega had a friend named Emmie ? (married name was Rhoads) who was also a nurse there.
    Regards, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother remembered this place fondly and wanted to return for a visit. She is above and on the right. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, please send me a mail at richardpurkiss@hotmail.com and I will be able to respond easier to your comments. Richard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lady in the middle of the above picture is Rosemary, I think. She and my mother corresponded for years. I think Rosemary is in California and may be alive, but I do not know her last name. Thanks, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be delighted if either of the ladies who posted here could contact me on my email:
    richardpurkiss@hotmail.com
    As they left anonymous mesages I cannot contact them to find out more!!
    Richard

    ReplyDelete